What type of Medical Exam Is Required
- Inquire about your medical history (surgeries, medications, various conditions)
- Secure information on your immediate family's medical history
- Get physical measurements and vital statistics such as height, weight, blood pressure and heartbeat
- Draw a blood sample
- Get a urine sample
- Ask about lifestyle habits that could impact your health (hobbies/activities, tobacco, alcohol and recreational drug use, etc)
Additionally, in rare cases there may be additional tests you need to undergo depending on your age, the type of policy you want and the amount of coverage for which you're applying. Additional tests could include an EKG, a chest X-ray, and/or an EKG treadmill test.
- Article: Learn More About the Medical Exam
See our special Questions & Answers (Q&A) about the Medical Exam.
- Tools: Determining Your Heath Class
- Get Quote: Simple Term Life Insurance Quotes Requiring No Medical Exam